Hardware & Marine Supplies is a family run business located in the heart of Kilmore Quay, Co. Wexford with over 30 years’ experience in the retail sector selling everything from a needle to an anchor to fishermen and land lubbers alike. We are currently seeking an individual to join our crew.
To support the team with full bookkeeping duties and general office administration. The successful candidate must be qualified in the delivery of payroll, bookkeeping, annual accounts & tax. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record daily receipts, end of day reports and preparation of Lodgements
- Become familiar with company’s POS and integrated Accounts software system
- Customer Invoicing, Statements and maintenance of the Debtors Ledger.
- Maintenance of the Creditors Ledger – Invoices/Credit Notes, payments, Month end balancing.
- Bank Reconciliation; Payroll, Vat Returns.
- Prepare and file all revenue returns for VAT, PAYE, PRSI.
- Maintenance of the Nominal Ledger and preparation of Year End accounts for auditors.
- Preparation of Management Account and reports.
- Responsible for day to day, monthly and year end accounting procedures.
- Maintenance of customer and supplier account information on Company Software.
- Work with Microsoft Office for communication and reporting.
- Dealing with customer and supplier financial account queries and set up of new accounts.
- Collecting payments promptly from customers while maintaining a professional tone.
- Management and payment of utility bills, insurance and security services. (Health & Safety, Covid)
- All other general office administration duties and supporting the team’s needs.
What are we looking for?
- Bookkeeping accounts experience is a minimum.
- Accounting Technician qualification desirable but not essential.
- Experience using an accounts software package.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong/excellent administration skills and in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service skills with a keen customer focus.
- Must be a team player and be able to help team out.
- Enjoy having fun with a light-hearted feel.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Must be organised, logical and be able to work to deadlines.
- Working with a great and friendly team.
- Full-time position.
- No weekends.
- Company PRSA Scheme available.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Ongoing Training.
As our business is a small-scale enterprise unforeseen circumstances may arise which require you to cover other duties outside of your normal duties. However, on the upside of working with a small team it has a warm and friendly atmosphere, is a great place to work with good banter and humour among the staff and customers.